Dr Anca Jurcut
Research Interests: Network Security, Security Protocols Design & Analysis, Automated Techniques for Formal Verification, Cryptography, Security for Internet of Things , Blockchain Technologies, Mathematical Modelling
My research focus on network and information security, security for internet of things (IoT), applications of blockchain technologies, security protocols, formal verification techniques and mathematical modelling. Some of the key contributions of her research include: (i) development of a novel logic-based technique for the formal verification of protocols; (ii) design and implementation of an automated tool for the formal analysis and design validation of protocols; (iii) discovery of several hitherto unknown protocol design flaws and the publication of new verifiably correct protocols; (iv) development and publication of a new set of design guidelines to guarantee protocol robustness against attacks.
- Jurcut, A.D., Coffey, T., Dojen, R., "A Novel Security Protocol Attack Detection Logic with Unique Fault Discovery Capability for Freshness Attacks and Interleaving Session Attacks", In: IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE Xplore, Print ISSN: 1545-5971, Online ISSN: 1545-5971, 10.1109/TDSC.2017.2725831, available under the "Early Access" on IEEEXplore, 11 July 2017.
- Liyanage, L., Braeken, An., Jurcut, A.D., Ylianttila, M.,Gurtov. A., “Secure Communication Channel Architecture for Software Defined Mobile Networks”, Journal of Computer Networks114:32-50 , Elsevier, February 2017 DOI: 10.1016/j.comnet.2017.01.007
- Jurcut, A.D., Coffey, T. , Dojen, R., “Design Guidelines for Security Protocols to Prevent Replay & Parallel Session Attacks”, Journal of Computers & Security, Elsevier, Volume 45, pp. 255–273, September 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.cose.2014.05.010
- Jurcut, A.D., Coffey, T., Dojen, R., “Establishing and Fixing Security Protocols Weaknesses using a Logic-based Verification Tool”, Journal of Communication, Vol. 8, No. 11, ISSN 1796-2021, pp. 795-806 , November 2013, DOI: 10.12720/jcm.8.11.795-805
- Jurcut, A.D., Liyanage, M., Chen J., Gyorodi C., He, J., “On the Security Verification of a Short Message Service Protocol”, 16th IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Barcelona, Spain , April 2018.
- Jurcut, A.D., Coffey, T., Dojen, R., "On the Prevention and Detection of Replay Attacks using a Logic-based Verification Tool", In: Computer Networks, Series: Communications in Computer and Information Science, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, Volume 431, ISBN: 978-3-319-07940-0, pp. 128-137, June , 2014.
- Jurcut, A.D., Coffey, T., Dojen, R., "Design requirements to counter parallel session attacks in security protocols", Twelfth Annual Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust (PST 2014), IEEE, ISBN: 978-1-4799-3502-4, pp. 298 - 305, Toronto, Canada , July 2014, DOI: 10.1109/PST.2014.6890952.
- Dojen, R., Jurcut, A., Coffey, T. and Gyorodi, C., “On establishing and fixing a parallel session attack in a security protocol”, In: Intelligent Distributed Computing, Systems and Applications, Series: Studies in Computational Intelligence, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Volume 162/2008, ISBN 978-3-540-85256-8, pp.239-244, September 2008, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-85257-5_24